Sex dating in bow street cardiganshire
Its population of 52,104 at the 2011 census includes the wards of Addiscombe, Broad Green and Fairfield.
Historically part of the hundred of Wallington in the county of Surrey, at the time of the Norman conquest of England Croydon had a church, a mill, and around 365 inhabitants, as recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086.
The will of John de Croydon, fishmonger, dated 6 December 1347, includes a bequest to "the church of S John de Croydon", the earliest clear record of its dedication.
Its Domesday assets were: 16 hides and 1 virgate; 1 church, 1 mill worth 5s, 38 ploughs, 8 acres (3.2 ha) of meadow, woodland worth 200 hogs. The church had been established in the middle Saxon period, and was probably a minster church, a base for a group of clergy living a communal life.
In the mid 20th century these sectors were replaced by retailing and the service economy, brought about by massive redevelopment which saw the rise of office blocks and the Whitgift Centre, the largest shopping centre in London until 2008.
Croydon was amalgamated into Greater London in 1965.
Croydon developed into one of the main market towns of north east Surrey.
The market place was laid out on the higher ground to the east of the manor house in the triangle now bounded by High Street, Surrey Street and Crown Hill.